Do you wish to add another vehicle class to your driving license? If it is so, you can easily add but for that you need to apply for additional endorsement of driving license. In this article, we are going to learn how to add another vehicle class to driving license (DL) online.
Eligibility and types of vehicles that can be added (Endorsed) to your DL:-
- The service of additional endorsement to your driving license applies, in case you want to add a light motor vehicle license to your current motorcycle license. In this case, you can undeniably apply for AEDL.
- You will also have to apply for the additional endorsement to your driving license if you drive a transport vehicle that carries hazardous goods.
- The additional endorsement to DL will also be required in case you wish to drive your motor vehicle on the hilly areas.
Expected Fee in applying for Additional Endorsement in Driving License AEDL, as per Rule-32 of CMVR, 1989
- The fee for addition of a new vehicle to your existing DL is around 1150/-.
- However, the fee for the endorsement or the renewal of authorization for the vehicle that carries hazardous goods is around 100/-.
Steps for adding another Vehicle Class to Driving License (DL) Online and Additional Endorsement Form 2020 @sarathi.parivahan.gov.in
- The process to add another vehicle class to Driving License (DL) online starts by clicking on the official website.
- Once you click on the above link, you will be immediately prompted to the ministry of road transport and highways, the Government of India’s website. The next step is to click on “apply online” under the driving license’s main heading of various services.
- What next you have to do is after clicking on apply online click on “Services on Driving Licence”.
- Just after you have clicked on “services on driving licence”, you will see a list of the services that will be provided to you under driving licence. In the list the number third point itself says “Additional Endorsement to DL”. Now click on continue.
- After clicking on continue, you need to fill your driving licence number, your date of birth and submit the request to your state along with the pin code and after selecting the pin code the RTO office will be selected by itself.
- After filling in all application details properly imagery prompted to the the above page. Now you have to confirm that all the details are correct. Select yes. Again submit a request to your state and your pin code and then proceed. Just after you have clicked on proceed you would be asked if you would like to proceed with the changes click ok.
- After you have clicked OK, you will be immediately promptly to an authentication with e KYC page. Enter mobile number and generate OTP and after entering the OTP click on AuthenticateWithSarathi.
- After you are done with authentication with Sarathi, you will be immediately prompted to the above page where you need to select the required DL service that you want to apply for. Select “Additional Endorsement to DL” and click on proceed.
- Once you have selected “Additional Endorsement To DL” you will see the above screen gets opened which extends to the LL details above, where you have to enter your state’s name, your RTO name and your LL number. This clearly shows that you must have your learner licence number with yourself in order to avail this service of additional endorsement to DL and add another vehicle to your Driving License thereby. Fill the details and click on proceed.
- After selecting the service and proceeding, you will see the NOC transaction page issued. Now, you need to select all the required details from the list and click on confirm. Just after you have confirmed, a message saying data accepted successfully will display. Apart from this, on the left hand side of the page, you will also see a declaration box and captcha code to enter. Tick mark the declaration box, enter the captcha code and click on submit.
- The next that you will see is the acknowledgement form which will be generated with your details and with the issue of AEDL.
- Click on next to proceed further for uploading the documents.
- The next step is to upload all the supporting documents like your address proof, age proof and medical certificate etc. Once you have successfully uploaded all the relevant documents, click on confirm and then next.
- What next you have to do is to upload your photo and signature and click next. It is also pertinent to mention here that you may also be asked to resize your photo and signature.
- What comes next is the payment of fee. Now you need to select the payment option from the list of services and click on next to proceed further.
- After the successful payment for the service, you will see that knowledgement of success of your payment. You can click on print receipt, if you wish to generate the payment receipt.
So, on the successful verification of your details, additional endorsement to your DL will be issued. Thereafter, you can get your duplicate driving licence printed from the official website and you’re done.