Registration Certificate (RC) is a very essential document for proving the ownership of a motor vehicle in India. As per the Motor Vehicles Act (MV) 1988, it is important that the vehicle owner must carry the document to ascertain ownership. In fact, it must be available while riding or driving on Indian roads. In this article, you will get to know about how to apply duplicate RC in West Bengal .
Majorly there are two instances that you may require the duplicate RC, that is divided into two cases:
Case 1: If your RC is lost or stolen
Case 2: If your RC is damaged or torn
Choose which category you fall under. As the initial steps of applying for a duplicate RC may vary.
If your RC is lost or stolen, then:
If your RC is damaged, then:
Follow the below-mentioned steps carefully and get your duplicate RC done within minutes online:
2. On the right-hand side of the screen, you will find a place to type your vehicle registration number.
3. Enter the registration number in the mentioned area. Click on Proceed.
4. The next page provides information about your vehicle. If it’s correct, click on Proceed.
5. Next, go to Online Services -> Misc Services (TO/ CoA/ HPA/ HPC/ HPT/ DupRC)
6. Enter the 5 digit engine chassis number and click the button next to it.
7. The next screen will ask you to enter your mobile number and then generate an OTP.
8. Enter the generated OTP and click on Show Details.
9. On the next page, click on the service that you are looking for. In this case, it will be Duplicate RC.
10. Fill in the details and also upload documents as per the format if required.
11. Select the Payment Gateway through which you want to make payment.
12. Make the payment next.
13. You will receive an acknowledgment receipt. Save the receipt.
Once you have made the payment and received the payment acknowledgment, visit the nearest RTO with all the required documents.
Follow the steps below to book an appointment for the RTO office:
Please remember to carry the required documents to the RTO. The documents mentioned below should be taken during your visit to the RTO:
Once this process is completed:
Further, if your RC is damaged. Please follow the same steps except for the Police complaint. As you can apply for the duplicate RC with the damaged RC as well.
The entire process of procuring duplicate RC is quite easy. With the advent of technology, most of the reporting and uploading tasks can be done online. In fact, the fees can also be paid and the receipt can be given to the RTO on your visit. Life can’t get any easier than this. We hope that if you ever need to apply for a duplicate RC, then this document will come in handy.
Related Questions and Answers
Answer 1: Registration Certificate (RC)
Answer 2: If your RC is lost or stolen, then: • It is important that you reach the local police station and file a complaint • Procure the FIR copy promptly from the police station • Keep it safe as it is required for future proceedings.
Answer 3: If your RC is damaged, then: • There is no need to file a complaint at the police station. You can use the damaged RC to apply for a duplicate copy.
Answer 4: The documents mentioned below should be taken during your visit to the RTO: • Print out of the online application • Print out of Form 26A • FIR, if applicable • Photographs of the vehicle clearly showing the registration number • Pollution certificate • Photocopy of old RC • Insurance papers of the vehicle • Address proof of the applicant • Aadhaar card • Proof of Chasis number