New Learner’s License Online Application Form Filling (Updated 2019)
Congratulations on Buying a New Vehicle! Buying a Vehicle brings responsibilities too. As a good citizen of India, you should, First of All, Apply for Learner’s License. A Learning License is mandatory for new drivers. Once a Learners License is issued, You can Apply for Driving License after 30 days (From the date of issuance of LL). In this Article, I am sharing the steps for obtaining the Learner License.
Good news is that now you can now submit the online application for the new Learner’s License at “Parivahan Portal“. The Process of Application is almost the same in case of Two Wheeler (Motorcycle, Scooter, Scooty), Three Wheelers (Cab) and Four Wheelers (Car, Jeep etc.)
Before proceeding, let’s make a few things clear (it will help you later).
Two wheeler vehicles are categorized into two types –
1) With Gear
2) Without Gear.
You should be very specific while filling this section in the application form because wrongly specifying two-wheeler type may lead to application rejection and you will have to apply again.
Apply Online for Learners License | Learning Licence Form
Using the new online facility, you can apply for the Learner License easily at the comfort of your home. The process of online application submission is quite simple. Here are the Steps:
- Filling the Applicant Details
- Uploading Documents
- Uploading Photo and Signature
- Learning License Slot Booking
- Payment of Fee
Now I will explain all these steps in details and along with screenshots. Just follow these steps one by one, so that your online application for Learner’s License is submitted successfully –
Learner License Online Application Form | LL Form
- First of all visit the Official Parivahan Portal
- Go to “Online Services” Section & Then Click on “Driving License Related Services”
This Opens Another Page, Where you Need to Select Your State & RTO Office
After this, You need to Click on “New Learners Licence” link under the “Apply Online Section”
- As the page is opened, you will see 5 stages of Application Submission
- You should click on the Continue Button
- After this, a new page opens up, where you should select the appropriate choice.
- If you don’t possess any Learner’s or Driving License previously, tick on the “I don’t have any License” option else choose from the other options
- Once you select the correct option, click on the “Submit” button
Applying Online for Learner’s License – Step by Step Process
Stage 1: Filling the Applicant Details
- Clicking on the submit option (Above) opens up Online Learner’s License (LL) Application Form.
- Start filling the details step by step
- First of all Select the state, RTO office and Enter the Pincode
- Then enter your Name, Aadhaar number, Date of birth and Other required details
- Do not forget to provide your mobile number and Emergency mobile number
- Also, enter the identification marks in the space provided
- After this, Enter the address details
- Enter your address correctly. If present and permanent address are same, select the “Copy to Permanent Address” option
- After the address section, you need to “Select the Class of Vehicles”
- Depending on the type of vehicle you own, select the option from the list and click on the arrow(in the right direction)
- After this, your selection will be moved to the right-hand side
- After this, you will see a few options, select the one that fits for you
- The last step in this application form page is the “Declaration” Section
- To proceed you must tick on the “Yes” option in step 2 i.e. “
- Now you need to click on the Submit Button
- After clicking you will see a pop-up, click on the “OK” option
- Congratulations, you just submitted the Online LL application form.
Note – A SMS regarding the successful submission and reference number will also be sent on your mobile number
- An acknowledgment will appear on your screen. You are advised to take the print out for future references.
Stage 2: Uploading Documents
- On the Acknowledgement page screen, you need to click on the “Next” option to continue towards the next step
- This will open up yet another page
- Select the “Upload Documents” option and click “next”
- Now a page with the “applicant info” will open up. Make sure that the entered information is correct and hit the “OK” Button
- The next page that will open up is for uploading the documents.
- You need to upload documents for the age, address proof and self-declaration application form. Once the documents are uploaded successfully, Click the “next” button
- The current status of your application will be shown along with the counter details
Stage 3: Uploading Photo and Signature
- Once the application submitted so far is accepted, you will be able to upload your photo and signature
- To start uploading, visit this page
- Enter your Application number, Date of birth and click on the “Get Details” option
- The remaining fields will be filled automatically
- Use the options “Upload photo” and “Upload Signature” to upload the scanned files.
- Once the upload has been successful, click on “Save Photo & Signature Image file”
- You can proceed to the next step by clicking on the “Next Button”
Stage 4: Learner’s License Slot Booking Online
- Next step is “slot booking for the learner’s license”. We have written a separate article for this process, to read now, CLICK HERE
Stage 5: Payment of Fee
Final Step is to make the payment. This option is currently not working for all RTO’s. We have written a separate article for the online fee payment for the Learner’s License, to read the article now, CLICK HERE
These were the 5 stages to apply online for the Learner’s License. Now you need to visit the concerned RTO office (according to the slot booking date) & appear for the computer-based test. After passing the test, your LL will be delivered to you.
I hope that this information helped you to Apply for New Learning Licence. Kindly Share your Feedback in the Comments section below.