Did you relocate & want to change the old address present in your driving license? Find out how to apply online DL Address Change, Online Form 2020.
In view of the present scenario, a driving License is the most important document that you need to drive any vehicle in India, as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. At various point of time, we need certain changes or correction in our Driving License. These changes are must to be done and should take place on time. In this article, we are going to explain the step by step process for Driving License DL Online Correction.
Driving License (DL) Address Change | Online Application Form 2020 India
Let us take some time to understand and change the Address in Driving License online:-
Steps for How To Change Address in DL (Driving License) Online @sarathi.parivahan.gov.in
- Follow the process by visiting the below-mentioned link at first.
- You will be prompted to the above website asking you about the state where you would like to take your service from. Select your state.
- The next step after selecting your state is to click on Apply online, under which you will see lots of options. Click on Services on Driving License (Renewal/ Duplicate/ Aedl/ Others).
- The next steps after clicking on “Services on Driving License” is to click on continue. You can see the list of all the DL services you can get after clicking on continue.
- After clicking on continue, you will be immediately prompted to “Application for services on Driving License”. Here, you need to enter your DL Number, your Date of Birth, category of the DL holder (though, it is not mandatory) and submit request to your state. It is to be noted that you also need to enter your pin code, after you have entered it, the RTO address will get selected by itself.
You can also see the notes given below stating some helpful points for you. As you can see the point No. 3 which is explaining the format/ ways to entering your DL number
- After you have properly filled in your details, your basic DL details will get immediately opened in front of you including your name, Father’s Name, DOB, your present address and your photo etc. At this step, now you need to confirm that all the above details are true and relate to you. Select Yes. Submit your request to your state again, enter your pin code and click on proceed. After, you have proceeded, you will be required to enter your phone number with otp.
- After entering your number with OTP you will see yourself on the above page where you have to select the required DL service. As you can see “change of address in DL” option among various DL services mentioned. Select “change of address in DL” and click on proceed.
- Just after you have clicked on the same; the next step is to to choose “permanent” which will further open your details like state, district, Tehsil, village, your house address and pin code. Fill in all the details properly and click on confirm.
- After confirming all the details you will see a box on the left hand side asking you to declare that whatever particulars you have filled in are true and as per the best of your knowledge. Apart from this there is also an option to donate your organs in case there is an accidental death in the future. Here, you get an option to either tick mark it or if you don’t wish to donate organs in case of any accidental death you can leave this box empty as well.
- After declaration you will come to the acknowledgement page where you will see the services requested and the documentary proof documents required presenting before the RTO. The documents are driving license, your present address proof, your first aid certificate and learner license together. Moreover, you also need to take the printout of the application form that you have filled and it must be duly signed with all the required documents. The next what you have to do is to visit the RTO office on the given date and time, the address of which is also given to you.
- The next and the last step is to make the required fee payment and you’re done with the online correction of change in address of your driving license.