If you are above 18 and wish to drive a vehicle, then it is mandatory for you to have a driving license. Without getting a license, it is not recommended to drive a vehicle on the Indian roads as it is considered a punishable offense under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. Apart from having a license, it is also advised to have the correct information about yourself on the license. Although the date of birth and validity printed on the driving license will not change, your address might change. You might shift to a new location and might want to update the same in your driving license. Here we are going to lay down the steps of changing of address in your driving license online.
2. Click on Apply Online and then Services on Driving License.
3. You will be redirected to a page that includes all the information regarding the services provided. Click on Continue.
4. Next, enter the personal details requested on the page. Select the RTO near you and click on Proceed.
5. The next page contains all the details entered. Just verify the details once and click on Confirm to go ahead.
6. Next, select the Service you wish to undertake and click on Proceed. In this case, the service will be Change of Address in DL.
7. Next, you will be asked to enter a few more details. Once done, click on Submit.
8. You will receive the acknowledgment receipt at this point. Click on Proceed to go to the next step.
9. You will need to upload a few documents in the next stage.
10. You will be asked to choose the address proof for the new address that you wish to include in your driving license. You will have to upload your age proof, Form-I, your photo, and your signature. Once done, click on Submit.
11. Next, you will have to select the DL Slot Book to go to the next step. Verify all the details that you have entered and select the class of vehicle. Also, select the date and time feasible to you and book the slot by clicking on Book Slot.
12. Download the appointment letter that will get generated on the website.
13. The next step involves the payment of the fees.
14. Once the payment is successful, an acknowledgment letter will be generated. Save or print the same for future reference.
15. You will receive a notification once your application has been approved.
You can also submit the DL address change request offline. Here are the steps to do so:
If everything goes well, you will receive your new DL with the updated address within 30 days.
Note: For a change in states, you will need to submit a NOC along with all the documents. There is no need for NOC if you are just shifting to a different place within the same state.
We hope with the help of this article, you can easily change the address in your DL without much hassle.
Related Questions & Answers
Answer 1: If you are above 18 and wish to drive a vehicle, then it is mandatory for you to have a driving license.
Answer 2: Without getting a license, it is not recommended to drive a vehicle on the Indian roads as it is considered a punishable offense under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
Answer 3: Visit the official website by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways here: https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/stateSelection.do
Answer 4: once the booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation on your registered phone number.