It is a well known fact that the capital state of India is surrounded by almost all the government offices. We often get confused for how to apply online for a new Driving License in Delhi. We are also very much aware of the fact that as per The Motor Vehicles act 1988, it is very much necessary for every citizen of India to hold a permanent driving licence to drive any motor vehicle in Delhi. In case any citizen of India is caught without having a legal license and still driving, he or she will be fined or may also be put behind the bars.
Application for Delhi New Driving License (DL)
It is also important to keep in mind that obtaining a DL in Delhi is not at all a difficult task if you know the Modus Operandi for what to do and how to do very well. In this article, we are going to explain the eligibility criteria, the documents required for applying a DL in Delhi and the process to apply for a DL online. Let us have a look one by one.
Eligibility Criteria for DL Application
In order to be eligible to apply for a driving license in Delhi, there are certain conditions which must be met by the applicants. Let us have a look at some of the conditions below:-
- The applicant should be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- The applicant must already have applied for a Learner’s License.
- The applicant is eligible to apply for a permanent driving licence only after 30 days but before 180 days.
- The applicant must also be aware of all the rules and regulations of traffic.
- In case you are applying for a commercial DL in Delhi, you must be a minimum of 20 years of age.
Documents Required- For Delhi New Driving License (DL)
When we apply for a Driving License in Delhi, we need to have certain documents with us. So, let us have a look at some of the documents which are needed for the application of DL:-
Some of the Age Proof Documents:
- Educational certificate
- Birth certificate
- Attested copy of the passport
- Certificate issued from the employer’s end, if you are working for the state/ central government or a local body.
Some of the Address Proof documents:
- Voter’s ID
- Ration card
- LIC policy bond
- A valid passport of the applicant
- Employers certificate issued by the local/central or state government as well
Some other documents:
- Application form No. 4
- Application form No. 5, in case you are applying for a commercial Driving License
- Your original Learner’s License
- Passport sized photographs- 3
Process to apply for DL Online 2020
- Once the portal of Delhi transport department gets opened, you need to click on Driving License on the left hand side of the page. Once you click, a new portal gets open up. Now, click on “Online appointment and payment for issuance of Driving License”.
- After clicking on the same, you will be immediately redirected to another website of Sarathi Parivahan. Now, click on “Apply online” and then “new driving license”.
- The next step is to understand the following stages which are required in the submission of your application for the issuance of your Driving License and then click on “continue”.
- You need to enter your Learner’s License number along with your date of birth and click on OK.
- After entering your details properly, you need to fill your online registration form 2020 and get it printed.
- Now, what you need to do is to submit your recently printed registration form to your nearby RTO along with all your required documents.
- Once you reach to the nearby RTO, you will be given a slot for the driving test.
- After being successful in the driving test, you will get your DL at your residence in the next two to three weeks.