How to renew a driving license online, DL Renewal application form 2022 – Step by Step Guide to Renew your existing DL
As per the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is mandatory to have a driving license to drive a vehicle on Indian roads. An individual does not just need a driving license but it should also be up to date. The driving license, just like a credit card or debit card has an expiry date. After this date, the driving license is not valid and if you are using it to drive your vehicle, it will be considered an offense. A heavy penalty needs to be paid if the license is not up to date. Hence, it is important that your driving license is up to date and if it is not, you should apply for the renewal today itself. For renewal, you can always visit the concerned department, but you can also do it through the online process. In this post, we shall be guiding you on how to online renew your driving license.
Documents Required for DL Renewal
- 3 passport sized photographs
- Original copy of the old driving license (we suggest you keep few Xerox copies of the original license)
- Form no. 9. This is the form for renewal
- Form no. 1. This form is a personally signed declaration of the fact that you are capable and fit to drive a non-transport vehicle.
- Form no. 1A. It will only be required if the license is for a transport vehicle license. This is an approval from the medical officer.
Online Renewal of Driving License (DL Renewal)
Here is step by step information on online renewal of the driving license:
- Visit the official website of MINISTRY OF ROAD TRANSPORT & HIGHWAYS with the help of this link: https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ . On this website you will be able to see a tab of “Online Services” and hovering your cursor on it will open a number of options including “Driving License Related Services”, clicking on which will take you to your next step and a new tab.
2. On the new tab opened by clicking on the “Driving License Related Services”, you will have to select the state. Make sure to select the state from where you want to take the service of license renewal.
3. On the new tab to which you were directed, you will again see a column full of options on the left corner, where you will have to click on the “Apply Online” which brings in more options, and now you have to click on “Services on Driving license (Renewal/Duplicate/Aedl/Others)”
- In the next screen, you simply need to click on “continue” that takes you the next page where you will be asked to add your details
- On this new tab, you must enter your details exactly as they are on your driving license, and once done, click on “proceed”.
Driving License Renewal Online Application Form 2022
6. Clicking on “proceed” will take you to another tab where you will be again asked to add some more details and documents like you were asked before. Make sure that you are adding the details exactly as they have been mentioned on your old driving license. Also, keep your documents ready and upload them correctly. Once you have done this, you will simply have to click on proceed.
7. You will be taken to the next page where you will see various services related to the license, but you only need to select “renewal”. After following the easy steps on the page, you will be directed to the acknowledgment page. From here you will need to take out the printout of the acknowledgment.
- The printout needs to be taken to the RTO Department in your vicinity. Make sure that you reach there before 11:30 a.m. as this particular process is not entertained after these timings.
- The RTO department officials will be guiding you regarding the fee structure for the renewal. The fee structures can change with times, so it is better to get the right details from the concerned authorities at the department.
|Visit Official Website||Visit Now|
Related Questions and Answers
Which Documents Are Required For the Renewal of Driving License?
passport size photographs, original copy of DL, Form No.9, Form No. 1 and Form No. 1A
What is form No. 9 for?
This is the form for driving license renewal
When to renew driving license?
According to Parivahan Sewa, no application for renewal shall be entertained more than one month prior to the license’s expiration date. If the application is filed more than five years after the license’s expiration date, the applicant must complete all necessary formalities to obtain a new licence.