Driving License is a legal document which is a must for any Indian resident to drive motor vehicles on Indian roads. Under the Motor Vehicles act of 1988, it is a legal offense if any person is not carrying a valid driving license while driving. On the other hand, the Indian government has made the process of applying for the driving license quite easy. It can be applied and downloaded online hassle-free. This article shall help you understand how to download the e-receipt for online driving license.
It is really helpful for people to understand the procedure to apply for the driving license online. The e-receipt acts as an authentication certificate ensuring that you have made the relevant payment for procuring the license. Moreover, it also states that you have uploaded all the necessary documents too.
Once you have successfully applied and submitted your documents to procure a permanent driving license, comes the turn to download driving license application receipt online. Also, once the required documents are ready, follow the steps mentioned below to apply and download the e-receipt.
Steps to download e-receipt for online Driving License
- Type the below-mentioned URL and open the link in the web browser. This is the link you must use to apply and download the receipt.
- On the left-hand side of the portal, you will find ‘Apply Online.’ Please click on that. It will take you to the next page to apply. Check the picture below for clarity.
- Once you click on that you will find a drop-down menu. Please click on ‘New Driving License.’
- Once you click on it, it takes you to the next page. It offers you with stages of applying for the driving license.
Ideally, there are 5 steps:
- You will need to fill the Applicant Details.
- Next, upload all the necessary documents.
- Upload the Photograph and Signature if required (applicable for only some states).
- Book for the time slot for Driving License Test.
- Pay the fee for the driving license.
- Click on ‘Continue’, it takes you to the next page where it requires the details.
Here, you need to fill the learner’s license details and your date of birth. Please note, you must enter the license number the same way it is in the learner’s license. If there is a space, please use the space too.
For example, if the learner’s license number is
RJ14 /0005234/2019 enter LL number as RJ14<Space>/0005234/2019
- Once you are done with this step, upload the documents required in the next page.
- Once that is done, please book your slot for the driving license test. Please book a convenient date and time for yourself.
- Make the payment and also receive the application number.
As you have the application number now, you can just type the application number in the below screen to download the receipt.
This receipt is enough for you to approach the nearest RTO that you have opted for, to proceed further. This ensures that you have uploaded all the necessary documents. However, it is recommended to carry the documents with you while going in person too. There may be chances of authorities checking the details.
Once you have cleared the test, you shall be provided with the license receipt that acts as a temporary license before you receive the smart card. It ideally takes 30 days for you to receive it. Meanwhile, if you would like to check the status of the application, you can go online and check it using the receipt number and date.
So, by following the above steps, you can easily download driving license application receipt online. You can easily get the e receipt online anytime without any hustle. Just drive safe and carefully!
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Which legal document is must for any Indian resident to drive motor vehicles on Indian roads under the Motor Vehicles act of 1988?
Answer 1: Under the Motor Vehicles act 1988, Driving License is a legal document which is a must for any Indian resident to drive motor vehicles on Indian roads.
Question 2: What acts as an authentication certificate ensuring that you have made the relevant payment for procuring the license?
Answer 2: The e-receipt acts as an authentication certificate ensuring that you have made the relevant payment for procuring the license.
Question 3: Which link you must use to apply and download the receipt?
Answer 3: The link that you must use to apply and download the receipt is https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/paymentscov/PrintGUI.jsp
Question 4: What makes driving a legal offence?
Answer 4: Under the Motor Vehicles act of 1988, it is a legal offense if any person is not carrying a valid driving license while driving.