It is a very much known fact that driving any type of vehicle in India needs enhanced knowledge and skills. A person lacking knowledge cannot drive any sort of vehicle. Moreover, it is also a true fact that each and every citizen of India needs a valid permanent driving license if they wish to drive any vehicle including a motorbike, car, lightweight (LMV) vehicle, or even a heavy motor vehicle. As per the motor vehicles act 1988, if a person is caught driving any sort of vehicle without having a license in hand, he or she will be punished by law. Sometimes, the punishment may be restricted to fines, but sometimes, they can also be put behind the bars.
Heavy Motor Vehicle License – HMV DL Apply
Since driving a heavy motor vehicle is a risky job, we can still try to be careful at our end. It is also important to discuss here that a heavy motor vehicle is usually a commercial vehicle that is being used by public drivers to transport material from one place to another. So, the risk is the biggest factor associated with such heavy motor vehicles. Now, we have decided to apply for a heavy motor vehicle license but don’t know how to do it? In this article, we are going to explain the step-by-step process for how to apply for a heavy motor vehicle Driving Licence (DL) in India. Let us have a look:-
But before explaining the process in detail, let us see the eligibility, requirements, and documents required for driving such high motor vehicles in India.
Eligibility criteria and documents required for HMV Driving License in India
Given below are some of the requirements of documents to apply for a heavy motor vehicle license
- Driver Refreshing Training Certificate
- Indian Passport
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Ration Card
- Utility bills of the name of the applicant
- Birth Certificate
- Class 10th certificate of passing
- Pan Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Indian Passport
Forms needed for license application
- Form No. 2
- Form No. 1A
- Form No. 5
- Passport Size Photographs
- Application fee
As it is a fact, that in order to apply for something you always see whether we are eligible or not. In the same way, there are certain factors that make you eligible to apply for a heavy motor vehicle driving license (DL) in India.
- Age- the first eligibility criteria is your age which must be between 18 to 22 years and it also depends on the state where you are residing.
- Your mental health- it is very important for a commercial driver to be of sound mind.
- Education- a driver must be at least 8th standard passed in order to understand the rules and regulations and various traffic road signals and signs.
- Training- Being trained is yet another factor that can make you easily eligible to apply for a heavy motor vehicle drving license in India.
HMV Vehicle List
Before we apply online for the license, we must also be aware of the fact that which vehicles come under the category of heavy motor vehicles. So, let us have a look at it:-
So, mentioned above are some of the vehicles that come under this category.
How to Apply for Heavy Motor Vehicle (HMV) Driving License (DL) in India, Online form 2022
In order to apply for a heavy motor vehicle driving license in India, a driver must apply for a learning license at first. After the learning license is applied successfully after some time, a heavy motor vehicle license can be applied online.
- The first step is to visit the parivahan official website- the road transport authority of India.
- After visiting at the website, you will see multiple options
- You need to click on “Apply for Learner License”. This opens the learner license online application page.
- Click on “Continue” to proceed
- Now, on the next page, select the option “applicant holds driving license”
- Enter your current driving license number and click on submit
- Now you dl details will appear. If information is valid, click on “confirm” to proceed
- On the next page, you will see various details related to your DL, like address, registered mobile number, etc. Now, scroll a little, click on the tab “select class of vehicles”
- Now, select the option “Transport Vehicle – M/HMV (Goods & Passenger) (Trans)” and move this to the right-hand side
- Now, click on submit to proceed
- Now, click on “Ok” to submit your application
- Now, you will redirected to another page, where you will be told that your application is submitted
- You will be able to download few files at this stage
- Download, print & fill in the forms
- Now, to continue with the application, you need to upload your documents
- Visit the homepage again and click on “upload documents”
- Now, upload those duly filled form there
- After uploading all documents here, click on next
- On the next page, you need to pay the application fee
- You will be asked to provide the application number, dob
Note: The application number was generated when you applied earlier
- After successful payment, your application will be submitted and your slot will be booked. Details will appear on the screen
- Now, you need to visit the RTO office as per the schedule of the slot and carry your documents. All documents that you attached with the application must be carried
- On that date, your heavy vehicle driving test will be done, and if all goes well, your HMV driving license will be issued