It is a very much known fact that driving any type of vehicle in India needs enhanced knowledge and skills. A person lacking knowledge cannot drive any sort of vehicle. Moreover, it is also a true fact that each and every citizen of India needs a valid permanent driving license if they wish to drive any vehicle including a motorbike, car, lightweight (LMV) vehicle, or even a heavy motor vehicle. As per the motor vehicles act 1988, if a person is caught driving any sort of vehicle without having a license in hand, he or she will be punished by law. Sometimes, the punishment may be restricted to fines, but sometimes, they can also be put behind the bars.
Heavy Motor Vehicle License – HMV DL Application online Form 2020
Since, driving a heavy motor vehicle is a risky job, but we can still try to be careful at our end. It is also important to discuss here that a heavy motor vehicle is like a commercial vehicle which is being used by the public drivers to transport material from one place to another. So, risk is the biggest factor associated with such heavy motor vehicles. Now, we have decided to apply for a heavy motor vehicle licence but don’t know how to do it? In this article, we are going to explain the step by step process for how to apply for heavy motor vehicle Driving Licence (DL) in India. Let us have a look:-
But before explaining the process in detail, let us see the eligibility, requirements and the documents required for driving such high motor vehicles in India.
Eligibility criteria and documents required for HMV Driving License in India
Given below are some of the requirements of documents to apply for a heavy motor vehicle license
- Driver Refreshing Training Certificate
- Address Proof
- Indian Passport
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Ration Card
- Utility bills of the name of the applicant
- Age Proof
- Birth Certificate
- Class 10th certificate of passing
- Pan Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Indian Passport
- Forms needed for license application
- Form No. 2
- Form No. 1A
- Form No. 5
- Passport Size Photographs
- Application fee
As it is a fact, that in order to apply for something you always see whether we are eligible or not. In the same way, there are certain factors which makes you eligible to apply for heavy motor vehicle driving licence (DL) in India.
- Age- the first eligibility criteria is your age which must be between 18 to 22 years and it also depends on the state where you are residing.
- Your mental health- it is very important for a commercial driver to be of sound mind.
- Education- a driver must be at least 8th standard passed in order to understand the rules and regulations and various traffic road signals and signs.
- Training- Being trained is yet another factor that can make you easily eligible to apply for a heavy motor vehicle drving license in India.
HMV Vehicle List
Before we apply online for the license, we must also be aware of the fact that which vehicles come under the category of heavy motor vehicles. So, let us have a look at it:-
So , mentioned above are some of the vehicles that come under this category.
How to Apply for Heavy Motor Vehicle (HMV) Driving License (DL) in India, Online form 2020
In order to apply for a heavy motor vehicle driving license in India, a driver must apply for a learning license at first. After the learning license is applied successfully after some time, a heavy motor vehicle license can be applied online.
- The first step is to visit the parivahan official website- the road transport authority of India.
- After visiting at the website, you need to first create an account and start the application process.
- The next step is to enter your state where you want to get this service from.
- After selecting your state what next you have to do is to download the necessary application form (s).
- Fill all the forms carefully and upload the scanned copy along with your driver refreshing training certificate. The certificate can be easily obtained from any government Driving school which is authorised by the State Government of India.
- Once you submit all the documents successfully, you will be given the application number which can be used to track the status.
- Don’t forget to book a slot for your driving test.
- The last but not the least, you are now required to visit to the RTO office to fulfill all required formalities. Once you get success in your driving test, you will be issued a permanent driving licence.