In our day-to-day life, sometimes we come across certain terrific situations where we find ourselves in a problem when we find that we have lost/ damaged our Driving License. But this turns out to be such a situation where we find ourselves so helpless too. Being known by the fact that Driving License is a must document to drive a motor vehicle on Indian roads, we need to be careful. There are many instances that you may lose your original driving license. In such cases, we are left with no other alternative but to apply for Duplicate Driving License in Maharashtra.
So, in order to apply for a duplicate driving license, you require a certain set of documents. These documents to get a Duplicate DL in Maha are fairly less compared to the ones that you have already submitted while obtaining a permanent driving license.
Documents required to apply for duplicate driving license in Maharashtra
If you have lost your license, it is mandatory that you approach a police station and file a complaint on the same. Make sure you collect the FIR copy of the same.
There is another reason you might want to apply for a duplicate reason. You might not have lost your driving license but just have a license in deprived conditions. If your driving license is torn or damaged, you need to carry your original documents with yourself to apply for a duplicate one.
Apart from that, always keep a Photograph handy – this may be a PDF or a JPEG file. Aadhar Card Copy is also one of the most important documents. Once you have all these documents, you can apply online to get a duplicate Driving License. All the above said documents must be available with you so that it is easy for you to apply online. You must upload these documents for your application to be processed. Follow the below steps one by one:
- Please open the link mentioned below on your computer browser.
- The above-displayed screen shall appear. Now click on Online Services in the menu bar. You can just take the mouse cursor and hover on it.
- Once you hover the mouse cursor, the drop-down menu pops down. In the drop-down, as you see, click on ‘Driving License related Services’
- Once you click on that, you will be taken to a different screen, there please select your state as ‘Maharashtra.’
- Once you select the state, it takes you to the window to select the RTO office for your locations. You must select the RTO from where you prefer the services is to be undertaken. It is advised to select the one that is nearer to your place for easy commutation.
- Click on Apply online on the screen where it takes you. You may have to click the ‘Apply online’ not to hover on it.
- You will see a drop-down popping down. In the drop-down click on ‘Services on driving License’
- Read through the page carefully and click on continue. It gives information about what documents are required and how to apply. Follow the instructions and click on continue
- Once you click on continue, it takes you to a whole new page. Fill in all the required details clearly. Do not make any mistakes. Click on proceed once done.
- Once you click on Proceed, it takes you to the next page where you need to upload all the required documents. Remember, all the documents that were mentioned earlier. Please keep a soft copy of that. It includes your photograph as well.
- It will prompt you if the documents are not uploaded clearly. Else, click on submit. It would take a few seconds to process your application.
- Once your application is processed, you will receive an acknowledgment; do not forget to take a print copy of that. It is one of the documents that is required to be submitted in the RTO office.
- Take a print copy of the application form also.
- Submit the application form along with the acknowledgment in the RTO office. The counter person shall verify the information and the document. He shall also inform you of the fees to be paid for issuing a duplicate driving license.
- Pay the required fees for the issuance of duplicate driving license
It is mandatory that you apply for the duplicate driving license in Maharashtra within 6 months after you lose or get your DL destroyed. You will receive your duplicate driving license in a few days. If you do not apply it within 6 months, then you may have to seek permission from the headquarters of the transport department for the delay in applying. It is highly suggested not to undergo such drastic steps. When there is an easy facility to apply for it online, why to delay it.
Also, be assured that once you get your license, follow traffic rules carefully as it shall save yours as well as others’ lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What can be done if our DL has lost/ damaged in Maharashtra?
Answer 1: There are many instances that you may lose your original driving license. In such cases, we are left with no other alternative but to apply for aDuplicate Driving License in Maharashtra.
Question 2: What can be done if you have just found that you have lost your DL?
Answer 2: If you have lost your license, it is mandatory that you approach a police station and file a complaint on the same. Make sure you collect the FIR copy of the same.
Question 3: When do we need to apply for the duplicate driving license in Maharashtra after we lose or get it destroyed?
Answer 3: It is mandatory that you apply for the duplicate driving license in Maharashtra within 6 months after you lose or get your DL destroyed.
Question 4: What happens if we dont apply for a DL within 6 months?
Answer 4: If you do not apply it within 6 months, then you may have to seek permission from the headquarters of the transport department for the delay in applying. It is highly suggested not to undergo such drastic steps. When there is an easy facility to apply for it online, why to delay it.