Having a driving license emancipates an individual at a very different level. It allows them to roam around freely and at their own will. They can drive on their own, without relying on someone else. Hence, it’s very important for an individual who wants to be a lover of life to get a driver’s license at the earliest. However, if you live in a state like Tamil Nadu, there are a lot of things that one needs to keep in mind before applying for acquiring TN New Learners license. The state of Tamil Nadu issues learner’s driving licenses for different vehicles depending on the type of vehicle the applicant will be driving.
LLR Tamil Nadu
This article explains the complete details about the LLR Tamil Nadu, Vehicle Categories of TN LLR, Step by Step Guide to Apply Online for TN New Learner License, Procedure to Fill in Online Registration Form for LLR in Tamilnadu on the official portal.
Tamil Nadu LLR Vehicle Categories
The categories under which the Tamil Nadu Transport Authority issues learner’s licenses are as follows:
- Light Motor Vehicle– this includes vehicles like small cars, sedans, etc
- Transport Vehicle– This category comprises vehicles that will be used for public transport, such as rickshaws, taxis, transport vans, buses, etc.
- Motorcycle with gear– This comprises all geared motorcycles.
- Motorcycle without gear– This category comprises all scooters, bikes without gears, and mopeds.
- Invalid carriages
- Road roller
- Motor vehicles that are not included in the above classification can be described in the last category.
Age Criteria to Apply TN Learners License
Apart from this, one also needs to be aware of the age criteria:
- Applicant must be above 16 years of age to apply for a motorcycle without gears or one less than 50 ccs.
- Applicant must be above 18 years to apply for a license for a light motor vehicle or a geared motorcycle.
- Applicant must be above 20 years of age to apply for a license for a transport vehicle.
How to apply for New LLR Online in Tamil Nadu
- Previously applying for a driving license was a very tough ask. The advent of technology however has changed that. Now, applying online has become very easy. And the first step in doing that is logging on to the official website: https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/
Here, you just have to select your state and a new window will open.
- On this window you will see a lot of options:
You are to choose the very first option of Apply for Learner License.
- Then you will be given brief instructions about how you are to apply for the license.
Read the instructions clearly and press continue.
- On the next window, you don’t have to select your category of application:
It means that you have to mention if you’re in a general category or have some sort of special case about you, like a disability or foreign nationality. Other than that, you are to tick on the box that reads that Applicant does not hold any Driving learner license issued in India.
Tamilnadu New LLR Online Registration Form
- The next step is filling in your personal details:
- Remember, if you are under 18 years of age, you will not get an option to apply for vehicles with gear.
You can download the acknowledgment for future references.
You have t choose valid proof and then upload the requisite document.
- By clicking on the next button you will land on a page where you will be able to pay the fees:
- Select your preferred mode of payment and enter the captcha carefully.
- When your fees will be submitted a page like this will appear.
- After this, you have to Log In using the credential you generate earlier from the application process and enter them on the page of slot booking:
- When you have successfully entered the dashboard, an interface like the below will appear:
Here you have to select the date and timings, according to the slots available. When your application will be submitted you will be shown a receipt like this: You can either save this as PDF or print it immediately at your convenience. You shall be required to show this at your nearest RTO when you appear for the test.
Applying for an LLR in Tamil Nadu is an easy process and anyone can get it done by following simple steps like these.
LLR Tamilnadu LLR FAQs
Who are eligible for the Tamil Nadu Learners Licence online on the official portal?
Any resident of Tamilnadu who are learning the two wheeler/four wheeler can apply for the Tamilnadu Learners License online on the official portal.
Is the age criteria the same for all the vehicle owners going to apply for the Tamil Nadu Learners License?
No, the age criteria is different for different vehicles and vehicles owners applying for the TN Learners License Online.
Is it mandatory to apply for the Learners License online on the official portal?
Yes, the learners learning the vehicles should possess the Learners License to commute on the roads without any obligations from the police.
What is the next step after getting the Learners License from the concerned transport department of Tamil Nadu?
The vehicle owners can apply for the Driving License once he is confident in driving the vehicle.