Were you given a challan by Traffic officer or did you violate a traffic rule and got challan via SMS? Don’t worry now you can make E-Challan payment online, Find out how in this article
Have you ever crossed a red light? Have you ever neglected the traffic rules and regulations deliberately? Were you in a hurry to reach somewhere and crossed the red light? If you have done so, you have definitely done a big mistake. As per the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, a person who has been caught neglecting the traffic rules and regulations is liable to pay fine in the form of traffic challan. Now, we need to know what is a traffic challan? A traffic challan an is a document that makes you liable to pay a certain amount of fine to the authority for neglecting the rules of traffic in any case such as crossing the red light, stood at the wrong place, or by any other means.
Online Traffic Challan Payment | Pay E-Challan Online (2020)
These days due to the advanced development in technology, the government has come up with certain portals for the citizens to ease the process of paying any type of challan/ fine aur even for filling any form and application. So, in this article, we are going to state the steps for how to pay traffic challan online. Let us have a look:-
Steps for How to Pay Traffic Challan Online @echallan.parivahan.gov.in portal
- Once you have clicked on the above link, you will be immediately prompted to the e challan digital transport enforcement solution portal. In the above image you can see various services written under the blue line. These services are- check challan status, challan value indicators, e challan enabler and e challan core benefits etc. Now our main aim is how to pay traffic challan online?
- What next we have to do is, you can click on “get challan details” written in blue font.
- After clicking on “get challan details” you will be immediately promptly to the above page where you can see the challan details. Here you can go further for the online payment of your traffic challan.
So, there are three ways to get your challan details to make your e challan online payment. These are:-
- The first way to get your challan details and make your payment online is through your challan number. If you already know your challan number, you just need to enter the challan number along with the captcha code and click on “get detail”. By doing this, you will get the details of your challan (s) and thereby you can make the payment easily.
- The next way to get your details and make the payment online can be done through your vehicle’s number. In this case, you just need to enter your vehicle number along with your chassis number ( last 5 characters/ digits) or either your engine number ( last 5 characters/ digits). Now enter your captcha code and click on “get detail”.
- After clicking on “get detail” you will see the total number of challans on the bottom of your page as you can see in the above image precisely. In your challan(s), you can clearly see the name of the violator, RC number, challan number, state where the challan was cut, date and time of challan, amount, status of your challan and payment. So you can make your e challan online payment simply by clicking on pay now.
- What next you have to do is just enter mobile number. On entering, you will get an OTP on the given number. Enter the OTP received on the phone’s screen and click on submit.
- Apart from this you may see some of your challan(s) to have been presented before the court. In the above image, on the exclamation mark under the payment tab, you will see that your challan has been sent to the court. In that case, you will have to present before the court to make your challan payment.
- The last but not the least way to make your e challan online payment is by entering your DL number. In that case, you just need to enter your DL number along with the captcha code and click on “get detail”.
So these are the three ways by which you can get your challan details and make your e challan online payment easily and and in no time.