It is a well known fact that as per the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, it is a must for every citizen of India to hold a valid driving licence in order to drive any motor vehicle legally. The same rule applies to one of the states of India too i.e., Gujarat.
RTO Gujarat Driving License, New DL Apply
In Gujarat state of India, every citizen needs to apply as per the category of driving license and the type of vehicle they wish to use. The people in Gujarat can either apply for a DL to drive two wheelers without gear and driving license for light motor vehicles.
Gujarat Driving License- eligibility criteria & required documents
In order to apply for RTO Gujarat driving license, a citizen of Gujarat must also be eligible. He/ she will be eligible on the basis of following facts:-
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A valid learner licence.
- Must be aware about all the traffic rules and regulations.
- If you are applying for a commercial driving licence, you must be a minimum of 20 years old.
Following are the documents required for applying a new driving licence in Gujarat:-
Any one of the following Age proof documents
- Birth Certificate
- Educational certificate
- Certificate issued from the employer’s end, if you are working for state/ central government or a local body as well.
Any one of the following Address proof documents
- Ration card
- Voter ID Card
- LIC policy bond
- Employer’s certificate issued by the local, central or state government
- Application form No. 4
- Application form No. 5 in case, you are applying for a commercial driving license
- Original Learner’s License
- 3 passport sized photographs
Application fee to be paid for applying for new DL in Gujarat State
In order to apply for a licence in Gujarat state, the fee varies for both the learner licence and the driving licence.
- The fee for both the licences whether learning licence or driving licence, the fee is to be paid together which is 25 rupees as the test fee plus 30 rupees for each category of the vehicle.
- It is pertinent to mention here that the fee for the smart Card DL is 200 rupees, whereas 50 rupees is to be paid for each category of vehicle for Driving Licence.
How to apply online for Driving Licence in Gujarat, RTO online form
Let us now understand the step by step process for how to apply online for new RTO Gujarat Driving License:-
- The very first step is to visit the official website of Sarathi Parivahan, The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways- Government of India.
- Once you click on the official website, you will get yourself immediately prompted to the above portal. Now, you need to scroll down a bit and select the state. Since, you have to apply in Gujarat, select the state name as Gujarat.
- After selecting the state, you need to click on “Apply Online” on the left hand side of the page under the Driving License head.
- After clicking on apply online, you will see various services get opened under this. Click on “new driving license”.
- Once you click to apply for a new driving license, you will see various instructions for the submission of the application for your driving licence. These instructions are basically the stages to get your driving licence issued. Click on continue.
- After clicking on continue, you need to enter your mobile number along with the generation of OTP, enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and click on AuthenticateWithSarathi.
- Just after you have successfully authenticated with Sarathi, you will be asked about your Learner’s Licence number along with your date of birth and click on “OK”.
- The next step is to enter your personal details and your vehicle information and click on “submit”.
- What next you have to do after submitting it, upload all your documents along with your photograph and signature. Verify the documents and click on “submit”.
- On completion of the above steps, book a time slot for your exam.
- Now, when the payment is done, you can now print your application form and the payment slip and you are advised to keep it with yourself while you go for your DL exam.
- Now, once your DL application is processed, you will be notified via registered mobile number.
RTO Gujarat Driving License Renewal, Apply, Online Form 2020- 21
So now, you are a legal driver as per the MVA ,1988. It is also pertinent to unveil here, that a driving license in Gujarat is valid for 20 years, in case of a non- transport vehicle and upto the age of 50 years or until the holder attains it. As per the Driving License renewal 2020, the license is renewed for every 5 years, whereas the transport vehicle license is valid only for a period of three years from the date of issuance.
Process to apply for DL renewal:
- After clicking on the official link of the website, you need to select the state as Gujarat. Here, you will see various options under the driving licence tab. You need to click on “Apply Online” and then click on “Services on Driving License”.
- The next step is to click on “Continue” after having a look at the various types of driving license services which will be provided to you on this portal. The very first service is “Renewal of DL” itself.
- Now, the page for “Application for Services on Driving License” opens up. Here, you need to enter your DL number, your date of birth l, the category of the Driving License holder and then submit a request to your nearby RTO along with the pin code and select your state and click on “proceed” now.
- The next step will be to enter the information and upload all the necessary documents. Once you are done, click on “submit” to process your further application.
- Now, you need to take the printout of the acknowledgement.
- After having the printout of the acknowledgement, you need to go to the nearby RTO office before 11:30 a.m. along with all the documents and submit the same application before them. There, you need to pay a certain amount of fee as per the procedure to apply for the DL renewal in Gujarat. Also,
- You need to fill application form number 9.
- Attach a copy of your expired DL.
- Attach your medical certificate and form number 1A, if the persons age is more than 40 years.
- Your two passport size photographs.
- Don’t forget to attach self attested copies of your age proof and address proof.
- You also need to pay an application fee of 200/- INR along with the receipt.
It is also to be noted that a grace period of 30 days is also granted for the renewal of your driving licence in Gujarat.