How to Apply for Duplicate RC in Uttar Pradesh after it is Lost, Damaged or Stolen | UP Duplicate RC Online & Offline Form Filling Process
RC or Registration Certificate is issued for the vehicle owner by a person. The registered vehicle can be a bike, a scooter, or a car. It is a mandatory document, which should be obtained from the Transport Authority of Uttar Pradesh (UP Transport)that defines the registration of the vehicle at the time of purchase.
Under certain circumstances like theft or damage, the UP duplicate RC can be obtained from the authority by undergoing a defined process. This shall include various steps mentioned hereunder. Though, some steps for applying a duplicate RC may vary as per the situation.
UP Duplicate RC Online Form | How to Apply Online/Offline for Duplicate RC in Uttar Pradesh
Applying for Duplicate RC in UP after Theft:
When the RC gets stolen, it is compulsory, for a person holding RC, to file a complaint in the nearest Police Station and obtain a copy of the FIR. This is the immediate step to be undertaken.
- Copy of the FIR should be brought to the RTO office of the respective area in Uttar Pradesh.
- The application form (Form 26) can be obtained from the RTO office, which needs to be filled properly. Along with filing the form, it is necessary for a person to bring his or her vehicle for physical verification.
Documents Required to Obtain RC Copy in UP
- Copy of the FIR
- Sales Certificate (Form 21) Issued by the Dealer
- Road Worthiness Certificate (Form 22) Issued by the Manufacturer
- Pollution under control Certificate
- Copy of the Aadhar Card
- Pencil traced Chassis Number of the Vehicle
- Passport Size Photographs
- Copy of the Pan Card
- Dealer and Manufacturer’s Invoice
- Attested Copy of Vehicle’s Insurance
- Attested Copy of Address Proof
- Form 34 Duly Signed by the Owner of the Previous RC and the Financer; if any
After completing the application form and attaching necessary documents, the form can be submitted at a counter in a nearby RTO Office.
On submitting the form, the applicant is required to pay the necessary fees for duplicate RC. Further, the authority officials will inspect the vehicle and Chassis Number.
On finding that the documents are authentic and the details provided are verified, the officials will process the application.
The applicant will get his or her duplicate RC within 20 to 25 working days.
Applying for Duplicate RC when the Original copy is Damaged
In the situation where RC gets damaged, the applicant is not required to file any kind of FIR at the police station. All he or she has to do is bring the damaged RC to the nearby RTO office and fulfill the above-mentioned requirements. This will help a person to get the duplicate RC without much difficulty. It is mandatory for the applicant to fill their forms correctly for UP duplicate RC and as per the mentioned requirements to avoid any delay in the process.
UP Transport Online Duplicate RC Form | Apply @uptransport.upsdc.gov.in
If a person is not able to commute to the respective RTO office; he or she can apply online for duplicate RC.
- Further to this, you need to open the link (http://uptransport.upsdc.gov.in/en-us/) of the Uttar Pradesh’s Government.
- After opening the link, you have to click on online services >> Vehicle-Related Service>>Duplicate RC.
- The applicant is required to enter the registration Number as urged and hit “PROCEED” on the Uttar Pradesh’s Transport Authority’s Portal.
- A new screen will open, which will have options to choose from. Here, the applicant has to select “Misc (TO/CoA/HPA/HPC/HPT/DupRC)” to get the new screen.
- Further, it is necessary to enter the last 5 digits of the Chassis number and click the button next to the chassis number box.
- In the next screen, it is necessary to fill in mandatory details and upload documents to process the online application for duplicate RC.
- Do not forget to take the printout of the acknowledgment and application.
As known to all, RC is an important document and an integral part of the vehicle’s papers. Without RC, one can come across various issues like Challan or may face trouble. So, it is significant to get the UP duplicate RC as soon as possible; if it has been stolen or damaged. One should make sure that the replica RC is obtained without any delay. In the meanwhile, a person can carry the copy of duplicate RC’s application form and respective acknowledgment to show to the traffic police on need. This will keep you safe from getting entangled in any difficulties at the time of travel.
Related Questions & Answers
What is the need to apply for Duplicate RC?
If the vehicle’s registration certificate (RC) is stolen or damaged, then one needs to apply for Duplicate Copy.
What are various options available to apply for Duplicate RC in the state of Uttar Pradesh?
It is possible to apply either online or offline. The applicant can choose the one that suits him.
How much time does it take for the duplicate RC to arrive?
It usually takes around a month.